Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P11 rear window washer

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36195
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 11:33am

Topic: Nissan Primera P11 rear window washer
Posted By: xpower
Subject: Nissan Primera P11 rear window washer
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 9:01pm

When activating the rear wash wipe there isn't any water coming out of the jets. The front jets work fine. I can hear the motor running and the water is moving down in the washer bottle as if there is pressure then returning to its previous level when the motor stops running.

I've taken a pin to the washer jets and they are not blocked.

Has anyone got suggestions how to solve this problem?

-------------
1996 Primera P11 2.0 SE manual

Replies:
Posted By: prim-n-proper
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 9:07pm
easy one ....... buy a saloon, they ain't (in most cases ) got a rear wash wipe LOL

but seriously .... usually it's a build up of crap behind the jet, take the pipe off the rear jet and try the washer to clear it.

-------------
COTM: MAY 2006 P11 GT
COTM: MAY 2009 P11 SLX+
COTM: AUG 2012 P11 WAGON
LAST EVER COTM: NOV 2013 P10 eGT

Your "other car" might be newer, but it don't make it better than a P chassis.*PNP17*

Posted By: Blue
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 9:07pm
I had an issue with the front ones on my old 1.6 P11. I took the actual nozzle off and ended up soaking it in hot water for a few mins. Nothing ever came out that I could see but it seemed to fix the problem. This was after poking it with a pin, which didn't solve it, of course.
Not sure if that might help. If you can get the nozzle off and try the wiper, at least you should be able to see if any water comes out.

Sorted your thread title out as well btwThumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 9:13pm

Thankyou both for the quick reponse. I'll will do that I hope it will be that easy to sort out.

Another thank you Blue for the the changing the thread title. Fingers working faster than the brain as usual. Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 12:14pm
 Do I have to remove this fascia to remove the nozzle:-

Or can it just be detached from the outside?

-------------

Posted By: imckay
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 12:58pm
The pipe is quite tight I seem to remember.
I think you need to remove the cover from the high level brake light to remove the right hand cover.

Check the non-return valve is working. It is just down from the nozzle. Normally they leak but worth a check while you are in there.
Mine was leaking. Getting to it was easy, I just can't remember the exact details.

I cleared a nozzle on another car by blowing/sucking water through it.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 1:03pm
Thank you for your help imckay.

-------------

Posted By: Justin Thyme
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 1:30am
I'm having the same issue with the rear washer on my P11 1998 Sri, i have no water travelling up the pipe, having taken the pipe off the nozzle.

I have an air line and compressor which solved both of the front sets of nozzles which was also ropey to say the least.

I've searched the site for a few details, does the P11 have a dual pump or two individual ones to power the front and rear, once i know where the pump is for the rear, that might help me solve the issue.

-------------
98 Primera Sri, Citroen Relay Van, collection of bikes and a Delta Evoluzione

Posted By: patstonuk
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 1:38pm
I had a similar problem on an old P11 (now running a P12!) and a blocked non-return valve also generated a leak as fluid forced its way out of the join between the pipe and the valve. It was easy enough to get to, and was replaced with a valve off a scrapped Micra. It worked fine after that.

Posted By: roy.2
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 4:05pm
Justin, you have to push the wiper stalk AWAY from you to get water to the rear screen. Pulling it toward you will only do the front. Thumbs Up

-------------
Roy

Posted By: schwen
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 5:34pm
The P10 has two individual pumps for front and rear, even a third one for the headlamp washers.

Not sure about the P11, you can check it in Nissan4u.com

-------------
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11

Posted By: p11primeragt
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 7:11pm
Only one on p11's.

Print Page | Close Window