Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera Window fallen into door panel

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41296
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 10:46pm

Topic: Nissan Primera Window fallen into door panel
Posted By: 001mac001
Subject: Nissan Primera Window fallen into door panel
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 11:09am

Please help, i was driving along the other day and my window just disapeared inside the door pannel , any ideas what i should do

thanks

Replies:
Posted By: Sluffer
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 11:38am

Chances are the windows either fallen out of the brackets, or the brackets have come loose and cause the window to drop.

If you take the door panel off, have a look at window mechanism, you will find either 2 plastic clips bolted along the top of the mechanism, the bar that runs front to back, or 2 holes where they should be, which means the brackets are still attached to the window.
     If it's the former, then you need to remove glass, clean it up and the 2 brackets, and re-seat them with sealant.
      If it's the latter, you need to find the 2 bolts that hold the window to the mechanism, they'll be sat in the bottom of the door.

Which  model of Primera do you have, as that will help our members explain  how to get the door panel off/window out etc... as therre are difference between the models. Smile

Gazza

Posted By: jayc
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 12:08pm
Happen to mine the other day. On removing the door card it must have happened to the previous owner who had tried bond the glass to the bracket with araldite.

I removed all the araldite and used some thick double sided tape to get a better grip on the glass.

-------------

Posted By: lee85
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 1:47pm
 This happened to mine i tried to wind it down one morning in frost, yes stupid i knowEmbarrassed
 Easy to fix as the rest explained and i am useless with cars to be honestLOL

Posted By: lpb71
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 7:02pm
May be a silly question I know, but how do I take off the inner metal door panel.

Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 7:03pm
On what model of car?

-------------

Posted By: SteveB
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 9:14pm
My P11 driver's window fell into the door without the bracket coming loose, it was the regulator cable coming adrift from the pulley mechanism.  I managed to get it all back together which was far from easy but it's been fine since last summer.  Mine was caused by dirt on the window (on the part of the glass you never see) sticking the window like glue to the rubber seal (you should have seen it, toughest gunge ever created) and basically something had to give.

-------------
1997 2.0 SLX P11

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 10:28am
P12 - 2004

Posted By: mydimons
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:47pm
mine is  P11 44 drivers window dropped down seems the  glass has fallen  how do I get to the mechanism ?   this youtube user  Esurname  ( search his name)  has posted videos of  changing his  primera lock and electric mirror wiring

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:24pm
Thanks, already seen that, but this P11 doesn't have the innet metal panel that the P12 does.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 6:59am
^^ I've answered this is your own thread Lee ^^

-------------

Posted By: midlandfire
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:30pm
Hi

Its a common problem for window runners to fail on Primera P12s

My driverside front window also dropped down, so I whipped the door card off (some of the scews you need to unscrew are hidden in the drivers door storage) fished the window out from the bottom of the door carefully with pliers and then simply wedged the window in place. The runners holding the windows had sheered. Cant be bothered to replace!. Knowing Nisssan they would probably want  a small fortune for new parts for it so... 

The P12 has to be one of the worst cars ever made by Nissan.

They are just poorly built and annoying problems like this that let the car down.

Nissan please don't work with Renault again!!!

Posted By: yorkie5979
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 9:50pm

My widow failed to go up yesterday ------ slid glass up and down while pressing button , eventually got window to stay up.

Now when i press the button the window goes up and down at an angle and i have to guide it into the runners.

56 plated P12 any help would make life easier the motor seems to be running ok , its like the window has detached from mechanism.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by midlandfire midlandfire wrote:

Knowing Nissan they would probably want  a small fortune for new parts for it so... 

£50 for new pattern regs on eBay

-------------

Posted By: Smileyman
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 11:25pm

This has just happened to me, I pressed the button to open the window, nothing happened, then the window slid 1/4 inch, then slid halfway open into the door - I was driving at the time!

Took the car to the local dealer, they have advised new regulator and other parts required, bill is going to be not far short of £400! It's a distress spend, and distressing could have had a holiday for the same money. I need the car for work - does anyone know are there generic parts available? I don't want to go to a breakers yard in case the parts have a short life and I end up paying the labour cost twice.

Posted By: Primera Dave
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 11:28pm
£400!!! What to change a window regulator. These can be bought off ebay 2nd hand yes but give em so grease on em before fitted sure you be fine

-------------
Golf mk4 gti turbo. 3'' downpipe and de-cat, 2.75'' Jetex cat back, k&n induction kit and custom heat shield, 3'' intake, forge 007p dv, stage 1 190 Bhp map,Koni uprated shocks and h&r springs + more

Posted By: Smileyman
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 11:54pm
Thanks for the reply

I'm going to have to work on this, I'm not sure if the car needs the whole assembly or just a section and Nissan only supply the whole assembly, also I think clips will be needed, the parts department left me a message on the mobile at lunchtime today.
Trouble is I need car on road ASAP and as a distress repair the dealer does not have any loan car available. (usually these are FOC).

Posted By: imckay
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 1:06am
Remove the door panel and wedge a length of wood under window to keep it shut until you can get it fixed.

Pattern (non-Nissan) regulator available from ebay from around £50

Posted By: max kahn
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 10:34pm
The window regulator runs up and down on a steal wire, known on the P10s to snap. If its not come off the plastic clips, the metal wire has snapped on the regultor. Also inner metal pannel use a postive drive screwdriver or a 10m socket.

Posted By: diesveld
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 10:04pm
I had a similar problem. One runner had come loose from the window and both runners were partly broken, i.e. the plastic grip around the metal rail had broken off. The wire had not snapped, but did come loose from the runners. Nissan garage gave me a estimate of 400€.
I used the manual to get at these parts, repaired the missing grips on the runners by bolting a metal replacement on it, acting as grip.
Total costs:
- 1 hour work
- 1,86€ for the bolts, screws and metal strips.

I have pictures but cannot upload then at the moment (moderator?)

I

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by diesveld diesveld wrote:

I had a similar problem. One runner had come loose from the window and both runners were partly broken, i.e. the plastic grip around the metal rail had broken off. The wire had not snapped, but did come loose from the runners. Nissan garage gave me a estimate of 400€.
I used the manual to get at these parts, repaired the missing grips on the runners by bolting a metal replacement on it, acting as grip.
Total costs:
- 1 hour work
- 1,86€ for the bolts, screws and metal strips.

I have pictures but cannot upload then at the moment (moderator?)

I

posting photos

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/how-to-put-photos-in-your-posts_topic21276.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/how-to-put-photos-in-your-posts_topic21276.html

Posted By: diesveld
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 1:03pm
Here are the pictures of a 400€ saving operation. Btw: I did this in September 2011, so 4 months of operation now.

Assembly dismantled, wooden stick to temp. holf window in place

Metal strip and 2 bolts repair runner, front view

side view

The cause of all problems glued back on

Posted By: ragt20
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 9:20pm
top work mate...good to see, and cheers for sharing

-------------
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK

Posted By: gillic
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 12:48am
My P12 driver's side window failed this morning after I had it down to quickly wipe my door mirror. Should know better after being sub-zero overnight- as feared one of the 2 window grips had come off with the attached track runner broken off like 'diesveid' and the cables tangled around the regulator roller- when I got to the inside panel.
Anyway, the FSM from the forum was a great help- albeit my 05MY is slightly different because the change on the door pull style, so had to remove the door switch pack, to access the bolt on the centre bracket before I can finally remove the door casing.
Whilst waiting for the replacement parts from flea Bay, I am hoping, if anyone can comment on the caution stated at the end of the chapter in the FSM on 'Front Dr Glass & Regulator' on page GW-76 & 77 - where a reset procedure should be carried out after parts replacement- by raising the glass to top and bottom dead centre, whilst pressing down on a 'limit switch' within the motor- should this topic is still being followed.
My concern is that I can't see this switch on my 05MY motor. Am I not looking in the right place or is this no longer neccessary on post 04MY models?

Window winder motor viewed in installed condition:
http://imageshack.us/a/img201/460/p1205myinnerdrpanelrhf.jpg" rel="nofollow">

No visible switch anywhere on motor:

Thanks

Posted By: DarraghR
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 11:57am
Can someone please tell me how to remove the power cable for the motor. Trying to remove clips/tacks that are holding the regulator onto the panel too

Posted By: Brianfcross
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 8:23am
Can you tell us how to get the p12 door panel off please. The window is half up. Don’t care if it never works

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 8:38am
This should do it

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-front-speakers-door-card-removal_topic3237.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-front-speakers-door-card-removal_topic3237.html

Thumbs Up

Posted By: imckay
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 8:40am
Welcome to NPOC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsqhW4s4V1M&ab_channel=peugeotCitroen2CV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Em7Voh37o&ab_channel=SabriTERKENL%C4%B0

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 9:07am
Thank you

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 10:10am
Got the panel off, how does the electric window connector come off? Thanks Jackie

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 9:16am
The window is held by two plastic holders glued to the glass, they are in turn bolted to the mechanism, these need to be unbolted to allow the glass to be manipulated out of the door. Access is through the round holes from memory sometimes covered by soft round pads that can peel off.Thumbs Up

Print Page | Close Window