Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P12 birdview navigation

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51425
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:07pm

Topic: Nissan Primera P12 birdview navigation
Posted By: everwijn
Subject: Nissan Primera P12 birdview navigation
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 9:17pm
Hi all again....
Tnx for the quick reply on the changing headlight unit... already enjoy this forum very much....
But I have another question.
My Primera P12 is one of the early ones... 2002 and so is the navigation
Is there somewhere where I can get the new mapping for the birdview system with europe mapping anywhere cheap?

Hope you can also help me out with this.

Rgds Rik

Replies:
Posted By: hairy
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 9:22pm
Yup - a certain auction website has them.  I got a 2010 disc for my 2002 P12 SVE and it works great (just short of £50.00.  Don't use the update disc though or you lose the Nissan logo on the screen).  Cheers  Simon

Posted By: imckay
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 7:41am
Or for free. Another member sent me this.......

INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAPS ON NISSAN PRIMERA P12 MODELS.

1. First u'll need winrar if u have't all ready got it, go to www.google.co.uk and type winrar cnet into the search box, click the first one which will take u to the cnet home page.
   Click on the green arrow to the left of the download now and follow instructions to download it to ur computer.
   Find where it has been downloaded to on ur computer, then double click on it to install it, follow the instructions, think it is just clicking all the next buttons, when its installed u will get a new window called winrar, just click on the red X on the top right to close it.

2. Now u'll need jdownloader, copy and paste this link into ur address bar and it will take u to where u can get jdownloader from.
   http://en.softonic.com/s/jdownloader-free-download

3. Click onto the green tick next to the blue download on the righthand side of the page, follow the onscreen instructions to save it to your computer.
   Find where it has been saved to in ur computer then double click the icon to install jdownloader, remember to uncheck their toolbar and search engine etc u dont need these.
   When jdownloader is installed it will put a world icon with a yellow arrow around it on ur desktop.  Double click on jdownloader on ur desktop to open it.

4. U must leave jdownloader open on ur desktop, copy and paste the following link into ur browser to go to the maps

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?195-Maps-Nissan-2010-for-xanavi-X6, when u click on the link for the maps it will take u to another page called LinkSave.in
   U will see a yellow oblong box with jdownloader click n load on it click that. click on jdownloader and a file will appear in jdownloader stating the file name, it should be 2.86 gig and from i think rapidshare.
   when u see this file to the left of it click the + and u will see 31 rars, they look like a little pile of coloured books, these are wat u need to download.

5. Click on the blue play button on the top left in jdownloader, and the rars will start to download, click on the plus button again if u cant see the rars,
   they will download 1 or 2 rars at a time and they do take forever as there is a 90 second wait between each rar, i left mine over night to download, yes its free to download these files.

6. Once they have all downloaded find out where they have saved onto ur computer u will have 31 of the little red coloured book rars, on rar 1 the very first rar, right click on it and then click extract here
   this will make all the 31 rars into 1 file so u can burn it to disk, wait till it unrars all of them.

7. U will be left with a file with the maps in, this is wat is needed to burn them to disk, but u also need image burn
   http://download.cnet.com/ImgBurn/3000-2646_4-10847481.html  copy and paste that link into ur browser, then click download now, then save, once downloaded double click to install it, it will put an icon on ur desktop.
   U dont need to install the ask toolbar just uncheck the box.

8. To burn the disk u need a dual layer DVD, then click imgburn on ur desktop, click on top left sayin write image to disk, then at the top where is says sourse click on the yellow file with the magnifying glass on it
   this lets u browse ur computer to where the maps file is, find the maps file, mine is in download so i go into documents on the left the into downloads, click on the file for the maps then to open on the bottom right.
   make sure the dvd is in ur drive, and make sure that the write speed on the bottom right hand side is on x1

9. Click on the burn image on the bottom left hand side, and let it work its magic lol, when it is done just pop it into ur sat nav in ur car wait till it load up and hey presto u've now got maps
   Maps for the whole of Europe as well as the uk and u just saved urself bout £150 quid!!

If u have a printer, then print out these instructions so u can refer to them wen ur doing it

its not hard to do, but if u get stuck give us a shout

juliex

Posted By: ernehale
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 8:40am
What was all that after: - First u'll need winrar? LOL

Posted By: candy1567
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 10:27am
ha ha well the above post was from me

never ask a man to do the complicated tasks hey!!!!!

stick to making the cups of tea LOL

Juliex

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by candy1567 candy1567 wrote:

ha ha well the above post was from me

never ask a man to do the complicated tasks hey!!!!!

stick to making the cups of tea LOL

Juliex

I'll make you a brew if you burn me a disk!Thumbs Up

Back on topic,  before I go through all of the above will the finished article work on the early Xanavi satnav? I know the later Navteq system is still supported.

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 4:26pm
Hi there

i havn't a clue which system i have, my prim is a 2003 plate SVE 2.2 diesel estate.  My satnav is just below the centre console.

The sat nav starts with the nissan globe and the disk i used it the one u can download in the above post as my car didn't come with one.

I have actually just downloaded the 2011 disk the same way (on gps underground) and this works as well.

Juliex

Posted By: madgerald
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 4:47pm
legend - burning one now :)

hopefully I can drive through the nearby new estate without the poor p12 thinking i'm in a field.....

owe you one.....

-------------
currently running on a calculated 44.5mpg.........

*if its rare or unlikely, then its happened to my P12 :)

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 8:49pm
@magerald

if u go onto the gps underground website, click on in car sat nav then on nissan/renault u will then come across a post with the links for the 2011 disk

u download this in exactly the same way and u will have the updated maps for europe

Juliex

ps. not sure if i included this but wen i burnt the disk it did not verify and it stated that the disk had failed, but still put it in ur satnav as it still works!!!

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 9:00pm
thanks for that candy1567 :)

I got the 2011 one, can't test it till monday as the car is dead (waiting for new alternator)... will post if it works / not works for me too...

-------------

Posted By: Ant-Dat
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 9:46pm
number 17 is missing :(

-------------

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Ant-Dat Ant-Dat wrote:

number 17 is missing :(

Mmmm, but what does that mean in terms of operation? Juliex reports a fail on burning the disk,  but what is the ramification? Is it over time or at some geopgraphical location the missing file surfaces?

No 17 is there in the 2010 version.

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 10:14pm
i mean the 17th rar file

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 12:01am
if no.17 rar is missing then u cant unrar it to the iso which is needed for u to burn the disk. (this is at the start of the process)

not veryifying the disk is at the end of the burning process, so this is 2 different parts of the process.

wen i downloaded the rar files they were all there, sorry cant help u on that, and i haven't found the rars on anyother website either.

are we talking about the 2010 or 2011 disk, they both work, so cant u try to download the other one.

i can also confirm that these disks do work as have loads of pm's off other members who have done this.

Just had an idea, if u join gps underground it is free to join, then u could post that rar 17 is missing and see if the original poster would reupload for u, just a thought

Juliex

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 12:09am
@ernhale (think thats ur id lol)

i have been using the 2010 disk from august last year until may 2011 wen i downloaded the 2011 disk and i have had no problems with either disk.

both the disks 2010 and 2011 burnt to disk correctly but failed to verify, but both worked fine.

I must admit though that i have only used the uk part of the satnav, not been on holiday this year worst luck!!

wat the other guy meant about the rar missing is that u need all the rars to extract them to make all the data in one place so that u can burn it onto the dvd, its like putting a jigsaw together if one peice is missing then it wont be complete, so u cant burn it to dvd.

many appols if u do know about using winrar and extracting and burning iso's, i dont mean to sound condesending at all, i just wanted to make it clear that not having all the rars has nothing to do with verifying the disk

juliex

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 7:45am
Yes, I did know but my understanding on some issues are limited. I was looking at my rar files downloading on rapidshare and could see No17 in the queue (And what a queue). When ant said it was missing from his 31rar files I though he was still in the process of downloading and looking at the progress on rapid share. Clearly he had downloaded and the file rar17 was missing.
I left mine downloading overnight, only to get up and find a lost internet connection message Cry
Thanks for coming back though. Smile

Might have been a better idea if possible forsomeone with a bit more computer experience than me and a rapidshare account could volunteer to do a club download and burn. Then we could all contribute (£) and bought in to the finished article after some testing.

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 8:05am
candy1567. Do you have any idea why I'm having to wait 1 hour and 45 minutes between file dowloads 0n the jdownloader? 31 files 105 minutes, Thats late Sunday to download the files Have I got a setting wrong???  

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 12:02pm
hi

the reason u have to wait so long between downloading the file is that u do not have a premium account with the host.

if my memory serves me right its been uploaded on megaupload, so if u have an account with them then u wouldn't have to wait (suppose wat u could do would be to make a premium account with megaupload for 1 month which i think is roughly a fiver and then u wouldn't have to wait)

to be honest i used to have a rapidshare account before they started messing about with the cost and changing it to paid rapids!!!!!!  so i didn't renew it

i do have a fileserve and a filesonic premium account and would be prepared to upload this if anyone is interested, also ppl i suppose could copy the dvd for those are computer newbies and not sure how to download and post it on to them.

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 12:23pm
have also done a bit of research on the disk burning correctly but failing to verify the burn

and the wonders of the tinternet states it could be as simple as the disks i am using.

ppl have stated that wen they have used the verbatim disks that i use they always fail to verify but the disks still work, but wen they changed to memorex disks the verified

this would then make sense of why the disks work wen the fail to verify

oh i lead a very sad life lol, oh well  better get back to some work, am supposed to be on a paperwork day today lol

Juliex

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 9:10am

got the 2011 version works a treat, cheers

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 10:51am
yep confirmed, 2011 works here too :)  dual layer dvd (unbranded cheapies) burned at x1

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 1:04pm
glad it works for u, even if it is a pain in the bum to download

mind u i wouldn't say its the best satnav in the world but cant complain

Juliex

Posted By: Boothy1979
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 7:52pm
Hi

I have a 53 plate SVE and I can't get the 2010 update to work at all!!

I have followed the instructions someone kindly posted, no problems downloading files etc, but when I finally burn the disc the system in the car just says Please Wait and makes quite a lot of funny noises.

Anyone got any ideas? I have read on GPS Underground that some computers just can't burn these discs properly.

Is there any chance someone might be able to burn me a disc and post it for me? Sick of not having the M6 Toll!!!

Cheers

Tom

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 8:34pm
I take it you have a duel layer DVD writer and are using Dual layer discs?

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 2:04am
i also take it that u have the nissan globe on the screen wen u start ur car

i also used vertabim +R dual layer disks, i used the cheap ones as well and all was fine lol

maybe try to used a different dual layer disk, and as timeshock says make sure u have a dual layer dvd burner in your computer, the other thing is that i got that please wait wen i burnt the 2011 disk using my laptop (although the 2010 worked fine burning with my laptop), so i reburnt it using my hubby's computer and it worked a treat

Juliex

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:22pm
Hi
Yeah, it's dual layer writer and disks. I have written dual layer DVD's of around 8Gb before and they play fine.

On startup I get the Nissan Logo, no globe, just the logo. Is that correct? My old disk says x6.0 on it, from what I have read on gps-underground that should be correct.

In terms of computers, I unfortunatley only have a laptop and what is effectively a glorified laptop available. The glorified laptop is pretty new and pretty high spec, so I was dissapointed that didn't work, but i guess anything using laptop components is always going to be less able than a good desktop no matter how new it is.

If there is any other possibility you can think off it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:30pm
Just to add, the disks I'm using are TDK ones, so I would have thought would be fairly decent unless anyone knows any different.

Cheers

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Boothy1979 Boothy1979 wrote:

Hi
Yeah, it's dual layer writer and disks. I have written dual layer DVD's of around 8Gb before and they play fine.

On startup I get the Nissan Logo, no globe, just the logo. Is that correct? My old disk says x6.0 on it, from what I have read on gps-underground that should be correct.

In terms of computers, I unfortunatley only have a laptop and what is effectively a glorified laptop available. The glorified laptop is pretty new and pretty high spec, so I was dissapointed that didn't work, but i guess anything using laptop components is always going to be less able than a good desktop no matter how new it is.

If there is any other possibility you can think off it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Candy-Madgerald, Do your original discs have the words Xanavi or Navteq printed on them?

Xanavi was the early SatNav system used by Nissan and dumped by them in favour of the Navteq system at or about at the time of the Primera P12 facelift mid late 2003/2004. Navteq continues to support their system and disks can be bought across the counter at Nissan dealerships and Navteq direct for £ ridiculous. I undersatnd from this and other forums Nissan dealers and Navteq that there is no update option for the Xanavi x6 it is no longer supported.

I'm reasonably sure if your satnav screen comes up with the Nissan logo then you have the Xanavi and therefor no support or updates.

The globe logo again I'm reasonably sure is Navteq and you have support and annual disk updates either legitimate or otherwise.

The fly in my  ointment so far is Candy's car. If the DVD player is in the centre console below the CD then that is where they fitted the early Xanavi system. The Navteq unit is usually found under the passenger seat.

Someone please prove me wrong I want new mapping and I have Xanavi x6. Cry 

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 4:25pm
The site recommended Verbatim and they work for me

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 4:56pm
Right..the compatibility is a little confusing, the system was indeed changed for the P12 makeover and the two systems incompatible, however both systems as I read the site are supported:
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/ViewStandardCatalog-Browse?CatalogCategoryID=NvsKCghBWngAAAElORNZwrD6&ShowAllProducts=YES&PersistNavigationMenu=YES - http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/ViewStandardCatalog-Browse?CatalogCategoryID=NvsKCghBWngAAAElORNZwrD6&ShowAllProducts=YES&PersistNavigationMenu=YES
Now for the site you have been directed to for the dodgy download will work for one of the systems but I can not see how it will work for both. The download appears to be for the x6.0 system which is the later system 2005 onwards. However, Candy seems to state that it will work with the older system. Perhaps peeps who have downloaded the data can verify the system it is working on

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 5:30pm
my original disk i removed has 'navigation system map data dvd' written on the top with X6.0 on the left hand side.  On the right it has map version code E0E237R and '25920 BA020' with 'DVM-X6040(EU)'

It also has 'Navigation Technologies written on it' - thats all.....  its a light blue / lilac colour print....

My dvd drive is located under the passenger seat, my p12 is 2005, and boots up to a nissan logo.

The 2011 dvd from that link works for me using an unbranded dual layer cheap dvd....

I remember if you hold down a button for 30 secs or so the car goes into diagnostic mode, wondering if you can get a version info off of the screen?  I would try on my own P12 but its in surgery at the moment..... (again)

*edit - I burned the dvd on an old almost dead laptop at x1 speed - using imgburn.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 5:38pm
Hi all

i didn't have a satnav disk wen i bought the car so i dont know if the xanavi or the navteq, but due to using gps underground wen i had my citroen and didn't have a sat nav disk i thought i'd try it again for the prim.

My car is a primers 2.2 SVE estate 03 plate.  The satnav is below the dvd under the centre console.  i have downloaded the 2010 and the 2011 and have used both without any problems, but as i stated in a previous post wen i downloaded the 2011 it just had please wait on the screen and didn't work, so my hubby burnt it on his comp and it works no probs.

i seem to remember wen reading the 2010 posts for the satnav on gps underground that if u dont have the nissan globe then it gives u a link to download a program disk to update the software, now i dont know if this works or not as i have not needed to try it.

I cant comment on how or wat will work in other cars, but my satnav disk is definately under the dvd in the centre console

Juliex

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 5:59pm
Well there you go then two different sat nav sysytem which are able to read the same map data.
As for burning the info I would recommed 1x speed only

Posted By: Managedspeed
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 6:28pm
Do any of these updates alter the screen software to allow input of post codes? I think that would be the most useful feature for me!  It's all very interesting & helpful though.Smile

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 7:01pm
@managedspeed

no u cant input postcodes, its just the basic satnav, told u its not the best lol, but it does its job

Juliex

ps. will post some images of my system for those to see wat i am saying

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 7:02pm
here are the images from my car hope i done it right lol

http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php - http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 7:06pm
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/1000363o.jpg/ - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/1000363o.jpg/

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

Right..the compatibility is a little confusing, the system was indeed changed for the P12 makeover and the two systems incompatible, however both systems as I read the site are supported:
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/ViewStandardCatalog-Browse?CatalogCategoryID=NvsKCghBWngAAAElORNZwrD6&ShowAllProducts=YES&PersistNavigationMenu=YES - http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/ViewStandardCatalog-Browse?CatalogCategoryID=NvsKCghBWngAAAElORNZwrD6&ShowAllProducts=YES&PersistNavigationMenu=YES
Now for the site you have been directed to for the dodgy download will work for one of the systems but I can not see how it will work for both. The download appears to be for the x6.0 system which is the later system 2005 onwards. However, Candy seems to state that it will work with the older system. Perhaps peeps who have downloaded the data can verify the system it is working on

But when you access the Navteq site via either URL and enter the the detail requested under either.
Factory fit
manufacturer -Nissan
model - Primera
they only offer 06 /2004 on.

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 9:22pm
This is definitely Navteq. See next post.

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by madgerald madgerald wrote:

my original disk i removed has 'navigation system map data dvd' written on the top with X6.0 on the left hand side.  On the right it has map version code E0E237R and '25920 BA020' with 'DVM-X6040(EU)'

It also has 'Navigation Technologies written on it' - thats all.....  its a light blue / lilac colour print....

My dvd drive is located under the passenger seat, my p12 is 2005, and boots up to a nissan logo.

The 2011 dvd from that link works for me using an unbranded dual layer cheap dvd....

I remember if you hold down a button for 30 secs or so the car goes into diagnostic mode, wondering if you can get a version info off of the screen?  I would try on my own P12 but its in surgery at the moment..... (again)

*edit - I burned the dvd on an old almost dead laptop at x1 speed - using imgburn.

This is definitely Navteq

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 9:42pm
@ernehale

so it looks like i have the old system xanvani as the satnav is on the centre console, for which it states that updates are not available and the disks are no longer supported!!

but i also must have gremlins workin my primera as those disks do definately work, and have uploaded images to prove that

oh the joys, anyhow not at all bothered which system i have, all am concerned is that it works and for the cost of a dual layer disk it is surely worth the hassle of havin a go at downloading the disk

And the actual maps are definately the 2011 version as a upgraded motorway junction on the M62 finished last year is now on the 2011 version of the maps but was not on the previous version

Juliex

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 9:48pm
To all u P12 experts out there!!

just havin a blonde moment, could my P12 have a different radio system taken from another car after 2004 reg and then the previous owner got nissan to code it to my car?

could this be possible?

juliex

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 10:02pm
Candy, No knocks from me, what you posted the other night was a revelation. Respect.
If this works in te early Xanavi as a pucker update excellent. I want one!

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 10:28pm

To all u P12 experts out there!!

just having a blonde moment, could my P12 have a different radio system taken from another car after 2004 reg and then the previous owner got nissan to code it to my car?

could this be possible?

juliex
No, otherwise you would have the dvd under the passenger seat and the electronics changed in the cd/radio player. What might be important here is the secondary program disc. i would just down load the data disc if it works great if not you lost nowt but time, better if you had someone else to test a failed disc

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 9:11pm
Hi Candy

I have the hatchback version of your car, some year, same spec. If there was anyway you could burn a disc, test it on your car and then send it to me I would be very grateful. Obviously i would happily send you a cheque or transfer some money first.

It is driving me insane not having answer!!

My computer wouldn't let me burn at 1x, when I selected it it automatically went up to 2.4x, that was with imagburn.

My Sat-Nav has just gone to Clarion with the blank screen of death problem. Very annoying!

Cheers

Tom

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 9:33pm
hi boothy

have u tried opening the disk in power iso, then u can burn it on 1x speed, u can also use the nero programs, u can use any burning program really.  I only suggested imageburn cause that is the software i use, but i also use power iso as well, its a case of trial and error.

Even wen i burn the 2011 disk it didn't work properly, so i got my hubby to burn it using his i7 computer and the disk worked great.

Juliex

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 9:55pm
I have just followed the link kindly provided by Juliex (Candy1567) and right in the the very first thread is the explanation about the two systems and the need to use the programme disc provided on the site to allow operation of the Map data on the older systems. Simples

Posted By: Oli1983uk
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 10:01pm
just trying to do this and jdownloader is saying all the files are off line

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 10:41pm
hi ash

yes i mentioned that in one of the earlier posts, so maybe thats wat happened to my car before i bought it, some had updated the software

i havn't
 used the software update disk as mine didn't need it, but i do still have the files if anyone is interested and i think i can post the link where u can download it without havin to get a rapidshare premium account, just checking now

Juliex

ps. i do still have all the files for the map data disk as well but they are to big to send via email etc, unless i compress them, so u may as well download then through gps underground

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 10:46pm
right here is the link for the software update disk, THIS IS NOT FOR THE MAPS

click on it then click on the blue writing on the left hand side then save it to ur computer then u can open it with power iso and then burn it, it is only a 37mb file.

this link is only valid for 7 days, then it will be deleted, so for those who have older prims and have downloaded the maps but it doesn't work, then try this software disk then put the map disk in and who know it might just do the trick

Juliex

http://www.sendbigfiles.com/981a08f65e9797167ed73647208f0654/ - http://www.sendbigfiles.com/981a08f65e9797167ed73647208f0654/

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 12:33am
well i have now downloaded all the winrar files but had to do them one by one

Posted By: edk_N16
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 1:31am
Having problems with Jdownload. I hit the blue play button to download from the list and it jumps to the download tab (as if to start the downloads), but nothing happens and nothing comes up in the tab. Help please!

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 1:43am
Oops nevermind, it's because the megaupload files have been removed from the 2011 maps. using the archive instead, instant downloads there :)

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 1:41pm

Loaded the mapping disc onto my March 2003 SVE estate this morning. Mine is the centre console mounted DVD unit below the CD player and displays the Nissan logo only. No globes, so no system updates required.

No problems. Initially the DVD unit takes time to load the new mapping but then you're in! Took the car out to find some new roads and upto date points of interest, there they were on the mapping.

Anyone with the new mapping  travelling in Europe or giving it a good thrash around the UK ongoing reports would be good on accuracy and reliability

A fantastic result and a huge thank you from me and I'm sure many others who have benefitted from this topic goes to Candy1567 and Madgerald. Candy for the post which was a revelation and Madgerald for grabbing the bull by the horns and going for it. Hug

A special thank you to those wizards on gpsunderground without whom none of this would be possible. Bow DownRespect

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 6:56pm
could someone just confirm the files that need to be wrote to the DVD, as I have had to download each rar file separate 

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 7:30pm
Oli1983uk - once you have downloaded ALL the rar files, you need to 'unrar' them.  Google 'winrar' for the software. Once you have unrared all the seperate files you will then get the ones you need to burn.

I used imgburn (google it again, its free!) to burn the discs as I said earlier.....

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 7:45pm
hi oli983uk

its all in the how to download the maps, it even gives u the links to winrar and then tells u how to use it, here it is again do the first section then u will have winrar on ur computer, then look at section 6 which tells u how to unrar the files

INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAPS ON NISSAN PRIMERA P12 MODELS.

Read this through first to make sure u know how to do it, if u get stuck then message me and i will send u a copy of the disk if u want, hope it all makes sense!!!

1. First u'll need winrar if u have't all ready got it, go to www.google.co.uk and type winrar cnet into thicke search box, click the first one which will take u to the cnet home page.
   Click on the green arrow to the left of the download now and follow instructions to download it to ur computer.
   Find where it has been downloaded to on ur computer, then double click on it to install it, follow the instructions, think it is just clicking all the next buttons, when its installed u will get a new window called winrar, just click on the red X on the top right to close it.

2. Now u'll need jdownloader, copy and paste this link into ur address bar and it will take u to where u can get jdownloader from.
   http://en.softonic.com/s/jdownloader-free-download

3. Click onto the green tick next to the blue download on the righthand side of the page, follow the onscreen instructions to save it to your computer.
   Find where it has been saved to in ur computer then double click the icon to install jdownloader, remember to uncheck their toolbar and search engine etc u dont need these.
   When jdownloader is installed it will put a world icon with a yellow arrow around it on ur desktop.

4. U must leave jdownloader open on ur desktop, copy and paste the following link into ur browser to go to the maps

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?195-Maps-Nissan-2010-for-xanavi-X6, when u click on the link for the maps it will take u to another page called LinkSave.in
   U will see a yellow oblong box with jdownloader click n load on it click that. click on jdownloader and a file will appear in jdownloader stating the file name, it should be 2.86 gig and from i think rapidshare.
   when u see this file to the left of it click the + and u will see 31 rars, they look like a little pile of coloured books, these are wat u need to download.

5. Click on the blue play button on the top left in jdownloader, and the rars will start to download, click on the plus button again if u cant see the rars,
   they will download 1 or 2 rars at a time and they do take forever as there is a 90 second wait between each rar, i left mine over night to download, yes its free to download these files.

6. Once they have all downloaded find out where they have saved onto ur computer u will have 31 of the little red coloured book rars, on rar 1 the very first rar, right click on it and then click extract here
   this will make all the 31 rars into 1 file so u can burn it to disk, wait till it unrars all of them.

7. U will be left with a file with the maps in, this is wat is needed to burn them to disk, but u also need image burn
   http://download.cnet.com/ImgBurn/3000-2646_4-10847481.html  copy and paste that link into ur browser, then click download now, then save, once downloaded double click to install it, it will put an icon on ur desktop.
   U dont need to install the ask toolbar just uncheck the box.

8. To burn the disk u need a dual layer DVD, then click imgburn on ur desktop, click on top left sayin write image to disk, then at the top where is says sourse click on the yellow file with the magnifying glass on it
   this lets u browse ur computer to where the maps file is, find the maps file, mine is in download so i go into documents on the left the into downloads, click on the file for the maps then to open on the bottom right.
   make sure the dvd is in ur drive, and make sure that the write speed on the bottom right hand side is on x1

9. Click on the burn image on the bottom left hand side, and let it work its magic lol, when it is done just pop it into ur sat nav in ur car wait till it load up and hey presto u've now got maps
   Maps for the whole of Europe as well as the uk and u just saved urself bout £150 quid!!

If u have a printer, then print out these instructions so u can refer to them wen ur doing it

its not hard to do, but if u get stuck give us a shout

juliex

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 9:34pm
thanks i have followed all that and all i want to know is what final files do i need to write on to a disk out of this lot:

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 9:50pm
load the mds file into imgburn.....  should only have 2 files though.... are you using winrar on that screen grab?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 10:31pm
no that's a screen grab from windows

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 11:47pm
right oli

come on mate give me a break

follow the rules of the post, start with no.1 then follow it through to the end

i know for a fact that several ppl on this site have already downloaded the maps burnt the disks and its workin, the only problem some have is wen it comes to burning the disks that their dvd burner is not compatiable and just wont do it

u need to have 31 rars somewhere on ur computer if u have downloaded them right, if u dont have 31 rars then uve not got them all, i can see from the screen shots that u do indeed have winrar, so again at a risk of repeating myself right click on rar 1 and the extract the rars and u will end up with a normal file with the map data in it in the form of an iso which is wat u burn to disk

Juliex

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 11:50pm
ur not using winrar right ur double clicking on the rar to open it rather than extract it

u need to right click on the first rar and then click extract to file x6 maps i think its called.

then after its extracted u then should end up with a folder with 2 files in it one is an iso and one an mds

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 11:56pm
sorry dont know how to edit posts lol

the last above post is for oli

Juliex

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 12:00am
Top right of your posts, button with yellow cog:

Post Options > Edit Post.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 12:06am
@edk_n16

cheers for that ur a star!!

Juliex

Posted By: ragt20
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 12:10am
comeon Edwardo, you should know by now that non members on here can't use the edit function...

-------------
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 12:11am
How? I've never been a non member so didnt know that! Never come across that at all G!

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 12:14am
omg never mind me bein a non member i feel as if am attached to most ppl on the NPOC site these last few days lol

if i ever get to attend on of ur meets i'll be the 5'2 bald woman with the angel wings attached lol

Juliexx

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 12:16am
LOL We've got a few of those already so you'll fit right in.

-------------

Posted By: ragt20
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 12:21am
Originally posted by edk_N16 edk_N16 wrote:

How? I've never been a non member so didnt know that! Never come across that at all G!

just thought a man of your talents would know such things. Embarrassed 

well ya do now...Big smile

and yeah to confirm only paid members have the priviledge to edit threads etc,

@ Juliex last post...LOL

-------------
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 4:34pm
Actually not wanting to confuse the issue as Juliex is doing a cracking job, there are a different number of RAR files depending on the version you are downloading, 2011 version is 36 RAR files and as mentioned earlier if you go to the mirror site you can download the whole lot at the same time without JDdownloader and then just run winrar, and as Juiliex say make sure you are using EXTRACT on the first rar file only, it will automatically extract the rest to an ISO file....simples

Posted By: Repakula
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 6:10pm
Hi there,

I've recently purchased 2002 Nissan Primera SVE and has Navigation DVD ROM drive on it.  The dealer said it just requires a Navigation disk.

Can anyone guide me on using the built-in Navigation?

I'm interested to know whether any 2002 Nissan Primera owner use Xanavi 6.0 DVD for their navigation system?  Whether buying this Xanavi 6.0 DVD alone would suffice or anything more to be done?

Thanks for your time and reply.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 6:55pm
I think if you just read this thread from the beginning all you questions will be answered, so in short you will probably need to burn the two discs necessary to convert your system to the newer one and run the latest map data

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 7:01pm
For the benefit of those having difficulty, I have an 05 SVE, I have successfully gone through the whole process in just a few hours, the disc burned and verified first time and is working in the car. I used the mirror site, ignored JD downloader, ran winrar and used imgburn i have aI7 intel sytem with dual layer DVD and used Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL disc burned at 1X....SimplesBig smile

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Repakula Repakula wrote:

Hi there,

I've recently purchased 2002 Nissan Primera SVE and has Navigation DVD ROM drive on it.  The dealer said it just requires a Navigation disk.

Can anyone guide me on using the built-in Navigation?

I'm interested to know whether any 2002 Nissan Primera owner use Xanavi 6.0 DVD for their navigation system?  Whether buying this Xanavi 6.0 DVD alone would suffice or anything more to be done?

Thanks for your time and reply.

Hello and welcome to the NPOC. Handshake I'm sure timeshock! didn't pick up your new to the club, I only just noticed. Its ususal to post in the new members forum first so that we can do our hellos and welcomes but you just jumped in there and why not!?!

Well as you can see by the number of posts on this topic its hot! Because now after years of uncertainty of what system (Xanavi -Navteq) can run what maps this thread has blown many of the old myths apart. It really is worth a full read as timeshock! posts, any uncertainty that remains stick a post on I'm sure you will get your answer.

If you have no mapping disk for your car the originals are well out of date anyway by about 8 years. Reading all that has gone before will tell you how to get the most upto date maps and how to download the data files, decompress them and burn them onto a DVD.

Also get a post on the new members section, lets give you a proper club welcome. 

Posted By: Repakula
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 7:16pm
Thanks for your tip.  I will try these out.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 8:08pm

right oli

come on mate give me a break

follow the rules of the post, start with no.1 then follow it through to the end

i know for a fact that several ppl on this site have already downloaded the maps burnt the disks and its workin, the only problem some have is wen it comes to burning the disks that their dvd burner is not compatiable and just wont do it

u need to have 31 rars somewhere on ur computer if u have downloaded them right, if u dont have 31 rars then uve not got them all, i can see from the screen shots that u do indeed have winrar, so again at a risk of repeating myself right click on rar 1 and the extract the rars and u will end up with a normal file with the map data in it in the form of an iso which is wat u burn to disk

Juliex

thanks for help so far and explaining it all, but as someone has said that the 2011 maps are 36 winrar files and thats what I have I will explain what I have done so far.

I went on the gps site you linked to and also downloaded winrar &jdownloader, I went to the linksave page and clicked on the jdownloader banner jdownloader started and it listed all files as offline, so I had to download all the winrars separate from here https://www.wuala.com/xfalax/Maps%20nissan%20x6%202011/?key=SNMUear8Lyrs and ended up with these:

once i had all 36 I clicked on the first one and selected extract to x6 2011 i done this and ended up with a winrar file called Nissan x6 maps 2011 then again click extract to here and ended up with the below:

all help received is very much appreciated

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 8:52pm
Hi oli

unfortunately i hold my hands up and will say i have no idea wat u will have to do, as wen i and many others from this site extracted the rars we got the x6 file which only had 2 files in it, 1 an iso which holds the map data and 1 called a mds file

if i was u and u i would try to burn the mds file and see if imageburn will burn this and give u the maps,BUT, be prepared that this may well be the wrong file to burn and u will loose the dual layer disk as it will be knackered.

all u can do is try and see if it works, i have checked the files i have again and i definately only have 2 files in the folder the iso and the mds file.

oh and many appols about the number of rars, it was 31 rars on the 2010 disk but 36 on the 2011 disk.

But wat is interesting folks is that wen looking at oli files he has extracted the second file down (the rar file) 25929-BAC00C  well that is the file u download as the software update file.

So if my memory serves me correct someone posted many moons ago that maybe the update software is already on the disk and it updates ur satnav wen u put the disk in

now i dont know about the 2010 disk, but looking at oli files it is definately on the 2011 disk so it does look like it does its own software update. 

not sure if the above it true or not its just my theory, which will support how some of us with the dvd in the centre console works as we are pre-facelift can use the up to date maps

wat do others think?

Juliex

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 9:40pm
oli - I think you hav winrar setup to open .ISO files. is the second file from the bottom (the one that has the winrar logo on it) a very large file?

if you just ignore how many files and folders there are, open imgburn up, click write image to file, then on the next page, select a file and point to the nissan x6 maps 2011.mds it should take care of the rest for you

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 10:06pm
cheers for the help guys, I am now downloading the 2010 files so will try both just got to get dome DL dvd's

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Oli1983uk Oli1983uk wrote:

cheers for the help guys, I am now downloading the 2010 files so will try both just got to get dome DL dvd's

Why?if you have got the 2011 mds file and iso file just burn the mds file

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 12:15am
Originally posted by madgerald madgerald wrote:

oli - I think you hav winrar setup to open .ISO files. is the second file from the bottom (the one that has the winrar logo on it) a very large file?

if you just ignore how many files and folders there are, open imgburn up, click write image to file, then on the next page, select a file and point to the nissan x6 maps 2011.mds it should take care of the rest for you

yeah is a very large file 7.2gb file, I take it i just write this file to a DVD using the ISO burner

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 12:44am
Oli, I've downloaded all the 2011 files. I'm pretty sure I can follow the instructions as per the gps forum. I will look at them soon and try them out, then perhaps I can advise if you're still having trouble by then.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 1:48am
oli

you can burn the iso image (the large file) using either imageburn as per the instructions i gave earlier on in this thread, or my hubby used power iso itself.

if u open power iso on the menu line to the right hand side u'll see burn, click on it and follow the image but make sure that it on the slowest speed as u'll get a better burn

not sure i understand why u are downloading the 2010 version if u have all the files for the 2011 maps

Juliex

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 10:32am
Moderators, Please could this topic be edited and set up as a permanent sticky in the 'how to' or another appropriate section?
It's clear from the views and contributions this topic has attracted a lot of attention and provided a lot of members with mapping and for some like me mapping they thought would never be possible. It would be a shame for it to drop into obscurity only for someone who has not seen it at this time to resurrect the same mapping question and for it all to be gone through again.

I would do it myself for submission but my computer knowledge and skills are only equal to if not only slightly more advanced than that of a trilobite.

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 6:10pm
wrote the ISO to disk and put them in the car and both work fine, but it seems the 2011 disk still shows up wrong information like a petrol station in my area that hasn't been there for about 5 years

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 6:56pm
hi oli

well at least it only cost u the price of the dual layer disk and the download time, bet u would have been peed off if u had paid over £150 quid and u found that petrol station on it!!!!

and suppose u can always use AA autoroute lol

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 7:29pm
lol yeah i dont mind I know its not there so I wont head to it at anytime, again thanks for all the help

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 5:24pm
An unexpected trip to Holland in the P12 wagon  has given me the opportunity to give the new mapping disk an early acid test. Nottingham to Harwich - Hook of Holland to Leiden, Katwijk then Nordwijk and back. Absolutely bang on brilliant! When each journey is complete the screen displays all the local hotels and POI's. Fuel stations are also accurately placed. Yeh!!!Big smile

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 6:12pm
hi John

omg so it works a treat then, so all the effort worth while hey lol

Juliex

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 8:22pm

hi John

omg so it works a treat then, so all the effort worth while hey lol

Juliex

Only extremely accurate! LOL

Posted By: turbodiesel
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 3:00pm

Actually not wanting to confuse the issue as Juliex is doing a cracking job, there are a different number of RAR files depending on the version you are downloading, 2011 version is 36 RAR files and as mentioned earlier if you go to the mirror site you can download the whole lot at the same time without JDdownloader and then just run winrar, and as Juiliex say make sure you are using EXTRACT on the first rar file only, it will automatically extract the rest to an ISO file....simples

When you say "Mirror site" .  Do you mean another site other than gpsunderground?

Also, I've an 07 t-spec ad don't get any logo or anythign when i hit the sat nav button on the radio console. I assume there is no disc. (i see people are mentioning a nissan/globe logo, i don't get anything appearing).

To activate/use the sat nav does there have to be a disc installed (ie . does it read from disc and not from memory?) and if the original discs are missing (which they are) will everything work OK from the gpsunderground discs.

Thanks in advance

Chris

-------------
Before you do it, ask yourself, now what would a wise man do......

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 4:49pm
The mirror site is a link on the gpsunderground site (at the top of the page from my memory)

On a t-spec I would expect sat nav to be fitted, but you would get a request to put in the disc, strange that you do not. Check under the front passenger seat towards the rear that the sat nav dvd is fitted.

Yes the map data is read from the disc all the time.

Running from GPSunderground without program disc I can not say depends on what was loaded before

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 7:24pm
Hi all

just an update on the satnav disks

my original way to download the map disk now does not work as those links are dead using the jloader method.

if u go to the gps underground site and look at the nissan section for the maps its called x6 xvanai, u will see an alternative link, if u click on it it will bring up the 36 rars for the maps

click on each one and they will download to your computer, u then follow the second part of my original post from using winrar to extract the rars, and again u will have the map disk.

Juliex

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 10:59pm
[QUOTE=turbodiesel][QUOTE=timeshock!] The mirror site is a link on the gpsunderground site (at the top of the page from my memory)

I had a look and there's no player under the seat. I made sure to move the electric seat forward all the way so as to look behind it aswell.

It wouldn't be unheard of for the spec on Irish cars to be lower than UK cars.

The radio display says Nissan when you switch on the radio.

There's a single slot cd player in front of the gear selector. It just says "Compact Disc Audio"

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 11:47pm
In that case sorry but sat nav is not fittedUnhappy

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 12:22am

In that case sorry but sat nav is not fittedUnhappy

Ah Feck, feckety feck feck.

Bloke across the road has an '06 T spec aswell and doesn't have sat nav (ie. it the same cd player as mine.)

Ah well, saves me spending hours downloading the files anyway.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 11:21am
I was wondering how big the unit was in case i missed it in last nights sunset hrs and was looking for an image.

edited. no ebay links in this section, G

Don't think i could miss something this big.....

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by turbodiesel turbodiesel wrote:

I was wondering how big the unit was in case i missed it in last nights sunset hrs and was looking for an image.

edited. no ebay links in this section, G

Don't think i could miss something this big.....

No Probs, I was just trying to use the image . Will this do instead? http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=38zt59535755coi&thumb=4 - http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=38zt59535755coi&thumb=4

Anyway, came accross the below link which guides you through the console functions/menu.

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-face-lift-version-console-screen_topic43431.html - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-face-lift-version-console-screen_topic43431.html

I don't have "navigation" on my menu so that means the cars software must not have included it on the original build.

I hate the way the Irish Distributors don't give us the same spec cars as the UK. Angry

Everywhere on the web you see the spec list for a P12 T-Spec it includes Sat Nav.......double AngryAngry

-------------

Posted By: fossyant
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 7:27pm
Just a quick question.

I've tried 2 DVD's - 2nd one displayed for a short time then didn't read - these weren't Verbatim though. Could be my DVD burner - it's an early dual layer - 5-6 years old.

I have a very early P12 (pre registered) SVE and I get a globe and a Nissan logo. I'm assuming this is the globe everyone refers to ?  It's unlikely to have been updated as I had it from 10 months old.

Is the Nissan logo, just a plain background ? Mine has the globe then Nissan appears on top.

I'll get some verbatim discs next and try burning on the laptop.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window