Print Page | Close Window

Reverse camera comes on when i press the brake ped

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: New Members
Forum Discription: Say hello and introduce yourselves!
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67193
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:54pm

Topic: Reverse camera comes on when i press the brake ped
Posted By: Gerrymac
Subject: Reverse camera comes on when i press the brake ped
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 12:41am
Can anybody help me please, when I own a P12 Saloon, when I press the brake pedal , or indicate to the left my reverse camera comes on when I am driving forward. any clues ?

-------------
Gerrymac

Replies:
Posted By: p11primeragt
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 12:50am
Bad earth at one of the rear light cluster maybe,common fault,welcome to NPOC.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 12:57am
Thanks for the welcome, the problem seems to be in the LH rear light cluster, I took it off and cleaned it, changed all the bulbs , that seemed to cure it for a bit, but not for long,

-------------
Gerrymac

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 1:03am
So it's in that area,i can only suggest you have another good luck again and have a really good clean of the pins and connectors etc,however it's probably the earth for the unit at fault,did you take it off and clean it and where it connects to the car body etc ? 

-------------

Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 1:15am
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-rear-light-removal-now-with-simple-earth-fix_topic16533.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-rear-light-removal-now-with-simple-earth-fix_topic16533.html

And a big welcome to the forum :)

Take care,
Shaun

-------------

Posted By: gazandsue58
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 8:36am
Welcome to the forums, as above normally the earth, P12s are prone to earth faults.

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 10:37pm
Thak you so much for taking the time to answer me, I took off the cluster connecting plug and gave it a spray with WD40, but as for cleaning it where it connects to the car body No, is there a wire that connects to the body further back ?

-------------
Gerrymac

Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 10:39pm
Have you done the earth wire fix?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 10:39pm
Thank you Sean, I think finding and joining this club was the best thing I could have done, ( apart from buying the Primera in the first place )

-------------
Gerrymac

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 10:51pm
Hi Shaun, I have Just logged on and seen the link you sent me. Thank you so much, I will be doing the repair in the morning and I will let you know how I get on. Once again thank you so much.
Gerry.

-------------
Gerrymac

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 10:52pm
Hope it works for you fella,good  luck.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 2:42pm
Did the Earth wire fix this morning, I've been driving about all morning and all seems well,
Thanks for your help Bud,it's been invaluable, and very welcome.
Just one more prob and I'm sorted. Since I've had my car ( about 6 months now ) I've had a CD stuck in the CD player, it just wont come out. I have obtained a recon CD unit, and am about to fit it.
Is it true that I will have to have the new unit programmed into the car, and is it something only the Main Dealer can do ?

-------------
Gerrymac

Posted By: rrbarny
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 3:07pm
Here`s a thread that may help you
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/topic14557.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/topic14557.html

-------------
Too old to leave too young to get me pension.
COTM Jan 2013.
I`ve now got me pension

Posted By: champion
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 3:14pm

I have been having the same problem for last few weeks. The rear right already has the earth wire fix and so i assume I will need to do it on the rear left now too. I have just replaced all the rear bulbs as they looked in bad condition but am still having the problem.

Will do the rear left light earth fix and hopefully it works!

.....also have the cd stuck in the cd player problem so this has been a good post for me to find!

Thanks all

Posted By: solakk
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 2:46pm
The simple earth fix, is only one cable needed or two cables.. I cant seem to understand where the second cable is used.

-------------
Olu

Posted By: champion
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 3:26pm
hi, its one cable for each rear light cluster...so one for the rear left and one for teh rear right light.

Posted By: solakk
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 3:29pm
Thanks Champion... I will give this a go!

-------------
Olu

Posted By: gazandsue58
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 3:44pm
I don't think the earth fix will get your stuck cd out of your unit though.

Posted By: GeordieLilley69
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 2:02pm
Hi I'm having the same problem and am going to try this.. but it says you need 2 wires and 2 clips, but in the pictures it just shows using one of each..... do you have to do both light clusters or just the 6lb light cluster?

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 5:35pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
One should be sufficient on the offside cluster, do the other one if you need toThumbs Up

Posted By: deejo7
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 8:48pm
This helped me so much THANK YOU GUYS, my car started doing really crazy stuff (plus the cruise control issue when lights or turn signals are on). I thought the issue is inly on the back left side but it resolved iy half of the issues so i did the other.

Only one thing remains, when i steer hard right ir left when lights are on, the radio goes heywire, volume up or down, next song/radio station. If anyone can savd my life i’d appreciate it.

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 8:58pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
Your final fault has to do with the spiral wiring loom on the steering column, the loom can only be obtained from the dealer unfortunately. you can mask the fault with the last function you used as this is the one it affects, so hit the info button and that will cycle when the wheel is turned. There are a few threads on here about that issue

Posted By: deejo7
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 9:10pm
Thanks!! Ill check its price if its over 70-80 Euro ill stick to your trick and go on with my life lol. If the INFO trick works I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER :D thanks for the quick reply bro

Print Page | Close Window