Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P12 oil pan/sump

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=80740
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 2:16pm

Topic: Nissan Primera P12 oil pan/sump
Posted By: Bohica
Subject: Nissan Primera P12 oil pan/sump
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:21am
Hi Guys, the place that does my MOT gave me an unofficial "issue" on my last MOT.

They said my sump was badly corroded and although it was not a MOT failure, the corrosion
is so extensive that should a stone fly up from the road it will in all probability punch a hole
straight through the sump.

My question is this, I have been looking online for a new sump/oil pan and have found loads all different
prices but most worryingly all slightly different shapes even though they all come up as compatible
with my engine.

I don't want to buy one, drain the oil, remove the sump and then after destroying the gasket taking the old one off, yes I know I can't reuse the gasket but don't want to buy 2 gaskets just in case I find the new sump wont fit and I have to put the old sump back on the car. 

Any advice as to how I can find the one that is actually for my engine and get this repair done just leaving me with the headlights (foxed but passed the MOT) and front discs/pads to do on the car.

Many thanks,

Paul K 

-------------
I think therefor I am.

Replies:
Posted By: bavs83
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 3:25pm
I would guess the best way would be to jack the car up and have a look and take some measurements. Especially when you say there are different ones available for the same engine.
That's what I would do.

-------------
It's not what you drive....It's how you drive!

Posted By: roy.2
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 3:31pm
Take a picture on your phone Paul, then you can compare with the sumps you are looking at. Thumbs Up

-------------
Roy

Posted By: Ant-Dat
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 5:06pm
If it's a 2.2dci Nissan list 3 and each more expensive (if you can find one) than the next. I repaired one of someone on here that couldn't actually find a replacement to fit their car.

-------------

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter

Print Page | Close Window