Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P12 fuel tank lid stuck

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=80838
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 12:11pm

Topic: Nissan Primera P12 fuel tank lid stuck
Posted By: petterg
Subject: Nissan Primera P12 fuel tank lid stuck
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 8:25pm
car: 2004 P12 F9Q.
I left on a long trip after having the car parked for 6 weeks. With about 25% diesel left in the tank I figured it was time to fill it up.... but the lid would not open. The handle under drivers seat (to open the lid) is not movable at all. I ripped the carpet around the handle a bit and can see the base for the handle is very rusty.

Is there any other (emergency) way to open the tank lid?

Replies:
Posted By: CarSpyTV
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 12:34am
I can't be sure from here why the mechanism has jammed. 

However, if a rusty lever is the culprit then penetrating oil (spray) might coax it loose. Good luck.

-------------
CarSpyTV. Join the fun at YouTube. Buying, driving, maintaining, and selling cars - because it's interesting!

Posted By: petterg
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 11:05am
I managed to get it open. Don't really know what I did, but all of a sudden the lid popped open.
I tried to get the handle in the floor out by cutting the head of the screw holding it. Then I tried to pull the thing out long enough to access the wire behind it. The wire is so short that I barely get the handle out far enough to see something blank that may be a wire.
This pulling is probably what made the lid pop open.

When I had it open I bent the steel ring inside the lid so that the lid now can be opened by pushing a plastic card into the crack and pull the lid open.

Posted By: CarSpyTV
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 1:34am
Well, at least you can refuel now. That buys you time to find a long term fix. Thanks for the update.

-------------
CarSpyTV. Join the fun at YouTube. Buying, driving, maintaining, and selling cars - because it's interesting!

Print Page | Close Window