Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P12 engine noise when warm

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=80883
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 9:48am

Topic: Nissan Primera P12 engine noise when warm
Posted By: Darcen
Subject: Nissan Primera P12 engine noise when warm
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 1:53pm
Hey all.
As Im new to this forum I cant post in mechanical sub. So please dont be mad. Im pretty desperate and not trusting my autoshop much. I have 2006 Primera p12 with 2.0 103kw engine. Problem started with rattling noise coming from engine. Went to local autoshop and they changed timing chain. Got car back and similar sound when engine is warm. With cold enginge car ryns perfectly, no noise, anything. Only after like 10+ kilometers noise starts in about 1500rpm. Now carshop says oilpump needs to be changed maybe, because oil pressure is low 0,4bar idle and 1,9 at 2000rpm. Well location of oil pump is pretty damn stupid. Same procedure like changing timing chain. My main question is why everything is okay with cold engine. Has anyone gone throuh similar thing?

Replies:
Posted By: bavs83
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 2:46pm
Did the garage change the chain tensioner at the same time they changed the chain?

-------------
It's not what you drive....It's how you drive!

Posted By: Darcen
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 4:18pm
Yup, the whole set. At least thats what I payd for. I find it silly that they did not measure the oil pressure first time. Gave me car back sayd its okay now. After longer run I found out that the the noise is still there, not as bad it was but still.

Print Page | Close Window