Print Page | Close Window

Where have all the P11s gone?

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: New Members
Forum Discription: Say hello and introduce yourselves!
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=80977
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 2:35am

Topic: Where have all the P11s gone?
Posted By: KevNeiland
Subject: Where have all the P11s gone?
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 12:11am
Hi there, I'm just wondering are there any P11 GTs left. It's sad to see them dissappear. Fantastic cars. Extremely under rated. Hoping there are still some left and that they are hiding in garages around the world!!!

Replies:
Posted By: roy.2
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 12:27am
Hi Kev. Welcome to NPOC. Handshake  I have 5 P11 GT's, Thumbs Up  so there are a few around here. LOL

-------------
Roy

Posted By: trbobrk
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 1:37am
I hide mine in Canada in an underground bunker.

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 6:21am
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

Posted By: Stevie-Boy
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by roy.2 roy.2 wrote:

I have 5 P11 GT's, Thumbs Up  so there are a few around here. LOL

No wonder there are never any available LOL

-------------
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Stevie-Boy Stevie-Boy wrote:

Originally posted by roy.2 roy.2 wrote:

I have 5 P11 GT's, Thumbs Up  so there are a few around here. LOL

No wonder there are never any available LOL

Thumbs Up

-------------
Roy

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 11:22am
Hi Roy,

That's great to hear. Do you have pictures of them. Any GTLEs Saloon or Hatches. I actually have two GTs in the Garage. I must get them cleaned up!

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 12:15pm
Really? What type Primera is it? Where they popular in Canada?

Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by KevNeiland KevNeiland wrote:

He actually came to the UK to buy it and shipped it back! That's love for the Primera for you!

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 5:06pm
Hi Kev. Have a look in NPOC Car of the Month. March 2011. Thumbs Up
I have some in outdoor storage which I am having to move so I will take some pics tomorrow. Ouch

-------------
Roy

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 5:26pm
Fairplay Roy. Yeah that's a lovely car you have. Original wheels and a few nice extras. Did you change the door handles. I'd be interested to see the others you have also when you have the time. I'm very late joining the forum but have owned Primeras with 20 years now. There's very few left in Ireland. No decent ones anyway.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 5:32pm
The handles were on it when I bought it Kev. Will take pics tomorrow. Thumbs Up
It's taken you a long time to find us. lol. but you are here now.
Welcome to NPOC. Handshake 

-------------
Roy

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 5:40pm
Ha Ha ya. I dunno, I always liked the cars and held onto them but its a very unusual interest in Ireland. Its only now that they're dying out that I've been seeking out other Primera nutters like myself. Its reassuring to know that people still have them. Looking forward to seeing your other cars. I'll post some photos of my other cars tomorrow also!

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 6:24pm

It is a UK spec 98 GTSE.  I bought it in 2017.  It is parked in Canada for legal reasons.  I guess I could have left it in the UK, but Canada is right next door so it is more convenient.

I'm in the US; in 2023 it will be fully legal to bring in on a permanent basis.  I'm still waiting on the federal government to give me an approval to bring it in on a provisional basis.  I called them a few weeks back and they had no clues as to when the engineer would review my petition.  So until then I hop across the border and visit my car on the weekend a few times a year.

US and Canada didn't get Primeras, they got the Japanese made G20 from 99-02.  It wasn't popular over here when new, they only sold about 46k P11s in 4 years.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 7:05pm
Fairplay. I'd love to see pictures of it. The next time you're visiting Canada. I've a Nordic Blue GTLE hidden away with another Black GT. I drive the white above most but don't get time to take it out as much as I'd like. I must clean it up a bit over the summer. It's nice to have a rare car. One of the most under rated Nissans ever made. Unbelievable car to hold the road.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 7:45pm

Fairplay. I'd love to see pictures of it. The next time you're visiting Canada. I've a Nordic Blue GTLE hidden away with another Black GT. I drive the white above most but don't get time to take it out as much as I'd like. I must clean it up a bit over the summer. It's nice to have a rare car. One of the most under rated Nissans ever made. Unbelievable car to hold the road.

London.
http://i.imgur.com/vv6kalS.jpg" rel="nofollow - http://i.imgur.com/vv6kalS.jpg

In Manitoba. 
http://i.imgur.com/Un1vvPh.jpg" rel="nofollow - http://i.imgur.com/Un1vvPh.jpg

Rocky Mountains, Alberta.
http://i.imgur.com/FsKEM0a.jpg" rel="nofollow - http://i.imgur.com/FsKEM0a.jpg

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 8:10pm
That's class. I'm not sure how to post photos on the forum but I'll look you up on the Facebook page tomorrow and send on a few pics of the GTLE. It's a saloon as well. I hope you get it into the states. I'd imagine it's not easy but that's some devotion!

Posted By: pianoprimera
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 7:26pm
Am I getting confused? I'm sure I saw a Primera P11 get crushed in the Terminator Dark Fate Movie (aka Linda Hamilton's Pension Fund). It wasn't an Infiniti either - it really looked like a Primera . . . Tongue

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 11:04pm
I think it was an Almera.  They didn't have Primeras in Mexico...except they filmed it in Spain because Mexico was determined to be too dangerous.

I just saw the clip again, it was a 144 without a badge on the bonnet that magically turns back into a p11 with a badge when it gets squished.

And the number plate changes too.  That is amazing.

Posted By: pianoprimera
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by trbobrk trbobrk wrote:

I think it was an Almera.  They didn't have Primeras in Mexico...except they filmed it in Spain because Mexico was determined to be too dangerous.

I just saw the clip again, it was a 144 without a badge on the bonnet that magically turns back into a p11 with a badge when it gets squished.

And the number plate changes too.  That is amazing.

Haha - you are more observant than I. Talking of Spain, I have Spanish relatives and visit Madrid quite often. I don't know whether it was Sunderland that produced the Spanish Primeras, but the clear coat is terrible, I've not seen one without patches burned off.  

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 1:11am
Sunderland made all the European Primeras; primarily split up into UK, north, central, and southern Europe for various equipment preferences and regulations.

They also made Primera's for Africa, but at some point they stopped shipping complete cars and setup a factory in South Africa to assemble p11s from UK made parts.

The other factory, Oppama in Yokohama Japan, built Japanese, US, Canada, and New Zealand; but saloons and wagons only.

Posted By: schwen
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 8:46pm
Nah the factory clear coat was fine.

The paint shops in Spain are terrible, I bet the burnt panels have all been resprayed at some stage

-------------
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11

Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 11:05am
I think the clear coat is always an issue in hot countries. I know that all my family in Spain end up with this problem on their cars and always have done for the 20+ years they've been out there. The sun will burn through clear coat unless your car is parked in the shade or garaged.

Print Page | Close Window