Print Page | Close Window

Nissan primera P12 "clunk"

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=80999
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 4:56am

Topic: Nissan primera P12 "clunk"
Posted By: Bohica
Subject: Nissan primera P12 "clunk"
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 2:35pm
Hi guys,
I am pretty sure I have a small clutch problem but not sure where to point the spanners, there is a definite clunk coming from the engine compartment passenger side about foot level. I watched the wife drive and the clunk seems to be when she lifts her foot off the clutch, I am thinking either slave cylinder or thrust bearing. One is not expensive and the other is a lot of money, who will pay a garage to change the bearing and not pop a new clutch on there while they have it open?  I am no mechanic so if anyone can come up with any other possible causes for this sound PLEASE let me know. ie if someone has had a similar experience what was the cause? I feel like I am tap dancing in a mine field blindfold here guys so any help would be very gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance,

Paul K.

-------------
I think therefor I am.

Replies:
Posted By: pianoprimera
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 7:35pm
You absolutely sure it's not a worn engine mounting having a metal to metal impact as the clutch transfers/releases power? Just a thought . . . If it was a regular clunk not associated with clutch use I'd say sway bar drop links, but this isn't the case. If it's a new clutch then have the lot done I say. As long as it's a good solid car, before you get rid and jump into the fire with some vehicle requiring a cambelt change which will practically cost you as much for a belt, pump and pulleys (your Primera is chain cam driven).

Print Page | Close Window