Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P12 failure to turn over

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=81053
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 10:02pm

Topic: Nissan Primera P12 failure to turn over
Posted By: Bohica
Subject: Nissan Primera P12 failure to turn over
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 10:03am
Hi guys,
Ok so as the title suggests my P12  1.8 wont start, it sort of half turns over then clicks and thats it no warning lights that are out of the ordinary, yes the little engine light is on but that wont go away till the engine starts and the oil is pressurised right?

I have noticed lately that it has been a bit hesitant to turn over sort of like a stutter but its always started, I have it currently taking a trickle charge (probably for the next 2-4 hours) to see if the battery is low for some reason but beyond that I have no idea what to look at/for suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Paul K.

-------------
I think therefor I am.

Replies:
Posted By: roy.2
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 2:15pm
Hi Paul. I think it will be your battery. Ouch

-------------
Roy

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 3:39pm
if it is rapid clicking it will be the battery, normally the protection kicks in prior to the engine trying to turn over though.

Posted By: Bohica
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:04am
Yep your right guys it was the battery, now my worry is that the alternator is on the way out so going to get it checked asap, thanks for the comments guys appreciate it  :-P 

-------------
I think therefor I am.

Posted By: roy.2
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:31am
It depends on how old your battery is Paul.  If there are no warning lights on the dash, I would think the alternator will be fine. Thumbs Up

-------------
Roy

Print Page | Close Window