Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P12 coolant problem

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=81065
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 7:34pm

Topic: Nissan Primera P12 coolant problem
Posted By: Bohica
Subject: Nissan Primera P12 coolant problem
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:28am
Hi guys,

ok so the mechanic I took my P12 to said I had a leaky oil pressure sensor and showed me where it was, I ordered one, it arrived (without any washer or gasket) so today I tried to fit it. Can you imagen my surprise when I unscrewed it and coolant started gushing out of the hole?

I put it back in but now I know the cylinder head is empty of coolant, I have tried running the engine to get it to circulate but instead of the air coming out of the top of the radiator I get  coolant.

The air bleed nut on the pump is below where I suspect my coolant level is so I am loath to crack that.

My question is if I leave the engine idling for 10 mins or so will the air work its way round to the radiator and out so I can top it up again? Because as it stands the radiator is showing full (coolant visible when I remove the cap).

Advice?

Many thanks 

Paul K.  

-------------
I think therefor I am.

Replies:
Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 12:01pm
What's the "oil pressure sensor" got to do with this? I'm confused.

Posted By: Bohica
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 12:21pm
Thats what this "mechanic" said was at the front of the engine leaking the oil I could see, but as I said it turns out to be the water temp sensor, so not only did I buy the wrong thing its not even the system he told me it was. So now I also have a coolant problem to go with my oil problem..... you cant write this stuff lol

Paul K.

-------------
I think therefor I am.

Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 12:36pm
Right got you :) So you have both a leak from the OPS and also an issue with the WTS.

Posted By: roy.2
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 1:24pm
Paul. Squeeze the bottom hose, that should send air to the top. Thumbs Up

-------------
Roy

Print Page | Close Window