Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P12 saloon suspension lift

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=81416
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 9:33am

Topic: Nissan Primera P12 saloon suspension lift
Posted By: sleizen
Subject: Nissan Primera P12 saloon suspension lift
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 7:34pm
Thinking about getting one of these kits (approx £100) to raise the car 2-3cm. Anyone ever tried doing this? Usually folks do the opposite I guess. Seems to be no reason not to, insurance and car safety-wise; unless I've overlooked something major (likely - I'm not too good with cars). there are 2 methods - one involves 4 spacers on each suspension rod, the other (which sounds a bunch of hassle) involves spacers on the axles, somewhere.
Any info would be appreciated before I dive in and wreck my car

Replies:
Posted By: schwen
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 7:23am
Model Year?

-------------
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11

Posted By: johnbr6
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 8:39am
Depends how high you want to go.

I would suggest coilovers and raising the ride height instead of lowering or even air ride.

Maybe there are companies who can cater for this and could make custom shocks and springs that give you a small lift over stock.

Spacers don’t sound safe, at least with raising coilovers you’re not risking anything

-------------
P11 SRi

Posted By: sleizen
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 3:32pm
Its a primera 1.8SE, 2003, saloon. Those spacers can't be that shit otherwise they'd never sell any; seem to meet all the safety standards and whatnot. Just seems an easier way of getting 30mm lift; this is a daft vanity project, let's face it! Also the coilovers cost more like £500 from what I can see.

Print Page | Close Window