Print Page | Close Window

Audio nightmare

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: New Members
Forum Discription: Say hello and introduce yourselves!
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=81539
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 11:22am

Topic: Audio nightmare
Posted By: pabsh-32@hotmail.co.
Subject: Audio nightmare
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 12:58pm
Hello I am new to forum and am having a problem with my 2005 wp12 2.2 DCI primera audio unit it is showing secure on green which I know is problem with audio unit as my cd player was flashing and beeping after garage changed my battery so have decided to change to a Sony stereo the problem I am having is finding a diagram of audio connectors so I have worked out the speaker cables using a battery just stuck on other cables l am guessing at the other and was wandering if someone can help as I have got the stereo to work when you turn ignition but am stuck on some wires

1, yellow/red ? Possibly ground
2, pink ? Constant battery - ignition ??
3, yellow ?????
4, another yellow ????

Any help would be greatfully received

Replies:
Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 8:38am
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
You don't mention if sat nav is fitted which can add complication and be wanrned that you could loose functionality of some systems. That said it has been done have a look here.

https://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-aftermarket-headunit_topic51342_page2.html

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 12:30pm
Hi timeshock it has got the sat Nov fitted under passenger seat have wired it in so far it works great just when you switch ignition off the stereo resets itself and won't store and channels I might have to run a fused wire from the engine fuse box to add constant power. Everything else works fine apart from the secure coming on will have a look at the thread fingers crossed

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 3:53pm
Hi timeshock had a look at thread your a life saver solved the problem everything working great now just need to get the secure removed ☺️

Print Page | Close Window