Print Page | Close Window

Old member finally with a Primera

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: New Members
Forum Discription: Say hello and introduce yourselves!
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=81566
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:41pm

Topic: Old member finally with a Primera
Posted By: Fletch
Subject: Old member finally with a Primera
Date Posted: 12 May 2021 at 8:23pm
Now then,

I've been a member of this forum for years, albeit not active. I've never owned a Primera up until now but I joined along with a friend Chris Campbell (Supraboy was his username if memory serves) back around 10 years ago as he owned a Primera when we first passed our tests and I was hoping to get one.

I've been on the lookout for a P10 Saloon for years but due to their increasing rarity. I was resigned to the fact I'd either have to import one from Japan or Europe. When then.... one cold, dark night I found myself left unsupervised... and on car & classic!

And there it was, ready for the taking. A 1991 2.0 GS on a H reg. No mot since 2009 and on 140k, she will definitely need some work to get her back to her former glory. Luckily, the car belonged to a fellow Primera enthusiast who had owned a couple of eGT's in the past and so, has had the sills and rear arches taken care of a few years ago. The car has at some point been undersealed to high heaven and am told it has been garaged most of the time since then which I think may have kept the worst of it away.

After poking around underneath every thing seems solid for the most part, nothing crunchy as yet. Will peel back the carpets tomorrow though and have a closer look from the inside. There will be some, I just need to find it. There is some bubbling around the rear window but not much and one of the front wings, this will be addressed in time!

As for plans with the car, I'm hoping to turn this into a fast road/track car but not solely focussed on either one. I want to do track days as I enjoy doing them, but I also want to enjoy a b-road blast. It's easy to go too far down the track route and make them unpleasant to drive on UK roads.

Here are some pictures. I will create a build thread with more in the future!!!

Cheers guys.
Fletch

Replies:
Posted By: roy.2
Date Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:35pm
Hi Fletch. Welcome back.  Handshake  your car looks the part, thats for sure.  Thumbs Up

-------------
Roy

Date Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:23am
Cheers Roy, I’m very happy with what I got that’s for sure!

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:38am
Good luck with your restoration, I had a P10 in that colour, best car I ever owned, just wait until you can drive itThumbs Up

Date Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:56am
Nice! Thank you, I think it will be a low burner but eventually, I’m sure it’ll be fantastic!

Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:58am
Hello mate and welcome back :)

You've been a member for 13 years haha, you took your time in finally bagging a Primera but it looks to have been worth the wait - Nice Ten!

Did you ever appear at a Club Meet with Chris? I remember seeing him a couple of times I think.

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun

Date Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:04am
Hi Shaun,

I know, I know haha! The best things sometimes take the longest time eh!

I definitely will have appear within Chris at a couple of JAE meets back on the day yes!

Cheers Shaun

Date Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Fletch Fletch wrote:

I definitely will have appear within Chris at a couple of JAE meets back on the day yes!

Oops! Deffo didn’t appear ‘within’ Chris haha (yikes), but yes will have attended with him at some point!

Posted By: schwen
Date Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:56pm
Welcome back!

Nice to see another single point injected in top conditions.

Loving the oem headunit!

-------------
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11

Date Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:19pm
Thank you! Yeah the badge on the car says GS, but according to the V5 and I guess the single point, it's a GSi. Who knew. The head unit is a nice touch but will probably replaced by a more modern unit at some point!! Doesn't seem to work all too well, nor does the electric ariel Unhappy

Posted By: RS Tom-Hundred
Date Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:47pm
Nice one! Welcome back and love to see a nice P10 too. Looks a good one

Give the aerial plenty of wd40 over a period of weeks and then see if you can pull it out by hand (gently) if you can, clean it up and maybe oil it etc and you may be lucky. Depends if the motor has been burnt out though over the years then you may have to address that after you have dealt with the seizing.

That's along the lines of what I did on my old P10 saloon back in the day anyway and got it working again from memory

-------------

Posted By: Quaily
Date Posted: 14 May 2021 at 3:58am
Fletch Lives

…. sorry couldn't resist that one

Enjoy the P10, used to have one and it was nigh on unbreakable.

-------------
H492 WVV, R124 DPP, W609 CBW
Gone but never forgotten.

Date Posted: 14 May 2021 at 3:59am
Last I heard from Chris... he was in New Zealand big into the motorsports scene

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2021 at 7:22am
Originally posted by RS Tom-Hundred RS Tom-Hundred wrote:

Nice one! Welcome back and love to see a nice P10 too. Looks a good one

Give the aerial plenty of wd40 over a period of weeks and then see if you can pull it out by hand (gently) if you can, clean it up and maybe oil it etc and you may be lucky. Depends if the motor has been burnt out though over the years then you may have to address that after you have dealt with the seizing.

That's along the lines of what I did on my old P10 saloon back in the day anyway and got it working again from memory

Awesome, thanks for the info man. It’s not the end of the world if it’s dead, just something quite cool about the old mechanical ariels isn’t there 😂

Date Posted: 14 May 2021 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Quaily Quaily wrote:

Last I heard from Chris... he was in New Zealand big into the motorsports scene

Ahh hey Quaily, glad to see you’re recently back as well and doing great! You’re correct about Chris although it’s Oz not NZ. He no longer works in motorsport but instead manages a fleet of commercially/off roady vehicles which his company leases out to aboriginal communities! He enjoys his work. This week he moved from Darwin in the north to Brisbane along the east coast as they finally got their full citizenship. I will be attending his wedding hopefully next year if the world sorts itself out!

Nice to here from you man and welcome back too! I’ve seen a lovely dark blue GT on eBay. Get it snapped up!!

Date Posted: 14 May 2021 at 9:00am
Haha, nice to hear you stay in touch with him. I stayed in touch on Facebook when we stopped meeting at the Humber Bridge. I really want another GT.... you’ve no idea how much I miss the black one. Told my wife we shoulda left it on the driveway under a tarp, give it a few year and contact Fuzz and Tim lol 😂

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2021 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Quaily Quaily wrote:

Haha, nice to hear you stay in touch with him. I stayed in touch on Facebook when we stopped meeting at the Humber Bridge. I really want another GT.... you’ve no idea how much I miss the black one. Told my wife we shoulda left it on the driveway under a tarp, give it a few year and contact Fuzz and Tim lol 😂

Yes! Still best mates, hopefully always will be. I also went out to Oz to visit him a couple of years ago. Gave me the keys to his R32 GTR for the week whilst he was at work!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, key your eyes peeled. You’ll get another one man 👍

All the best

Date Posted: 14 May 2021 at 7:47pm
Here’s hoping. He does have a nice R32 like 👍

-------------

Posted By: Had2manycars
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 4:11pm
guess mine must be single injected to 2litre gs same air filter so had thought it was carb, see you are E'yorks me to Beverley.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Had2manycars Had2manycars wrote:

guess mine must be single injected to 2litre gs same air filter so had thought it was carb, see you are E'yorks me to Beverley.

Ahh no way, that’s awesome! Im from Hull, south cave area! Small world. Yeah don’t think it’s a carb just single point injection.

Seems like my head gasket has gone though as there appears to be milky residue under the oil cap 😔

Posted By: CarSpyTV
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 10:18pm
Very nice, Fletch. I remember the P10 being launched and comparing it to the Bluebird.

Good luck with your project. I look forward to the updates. 

-------------
CarSpyTV. Join the fun at YouTube. Buying, driving, maintaining, and selling cars - because it's interesting!

Posted By: shade
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 9:25pm
Nice ten mate. Thumbs Up

-------------
RIP 10, hello Connect! :(

Posted By: RS Tom-Hundred
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Fletch Fletch wrote:

Awesome, thanks for the info man. It’s not the end of the world if it’s dead, just something quite cool about the old mechanical ariels isn’t there 😂
No worries.  Yep, something very satisfying about the mechanism of an electric aerial and looks way tidier when the car is stationary too IMO.

Sounds like you have got bigger things to resolve first though Cry  Good luck with it all Clap

-------------

Posted By: Beryy2
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 7:27pm
good luck to you 

With Respect
http://https://www.worktime.com/employee-monitoring" rel="nofollow -

Print Page | Close Window