Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best place to find a good car

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best place to find a good car
    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 5:51pm
You see Stew, Tom will be there with his Altezza, It's a people 1st, cars 2nd kind of club. Thumbs Up
Anyway, Who's in charge in your household, Just tell her what's happening. Ouch
Then, when you wake up, just ask her nicely. LOL  Thumbs Up
Roy
RS Tom-Hundred View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Condiment King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RS Tom-Hundred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by stew2 stew2 wrote:

Anyone in the Cambridge area ?

I am!  I'm near Ely Big smile Unfortunately I no longer own a Primera though!  I had two P10s and then briefly a P11 144 in the past but now own an Altezza RS200!

Welcome to the club and I hope you find a good Primera!Clap

PS. P10s are the best! TongueLOL

stew2 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stew2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 9:50am
Originally posted by roy.2 roy.2 wrote:

No excuse Stew. Ouch  Come up on the Saturday at antytime you like, bring your guests with you, check out the cars then depart as you please.  Thumbs Up

Lol not taking no for an answer: I like it! And certainly bodes well for a welcoming community, I appreciate it! Just need to get the approval of the other half Shocked
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 8:30pm
No excuse Stew. Ouch  Come up on the Saturday at anytime you like, bring your guests with you, check out the cars then depart as you please.  Thumbs Up
Roy
stew2 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stew2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by roy.2 roy.2 wrote:

Hi Stew. Welcome to NPOC. Handshake  Royfest 2019 is a meet happening in 2 weeks time. Thumbs Up

Thanks. Just checked out the events section: good to see you have a busy club social scene. Unfortunately we have guests then I think. Anyone in the Cambridge area ?
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 10:58am
Hi Stew. Welcome to NPOC. Handshake  Royfest 2019 is a meet happening in 2 weeks time. Thumbs Up
Roy
stew2 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stew2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 10:28am
Originally posted by ragt20 ragt20 wrote:

hello and welcome to NPOC...getting the older P10s or P11s, if you can find a decent one would be more open to fun changes etc..P12 can be done, but not as straightforward

Thanks. Yes if I can track down a good P10 or P11 that would be ideal. I remember seeing a nice green GT years ago, maybe was even one with the 'rainbow effect' paint, and thinking it looked the business. Now I am older and given they seem somewhat undervalued it seems silly not to try and find one.

I'm in East Anglia. If any owners on here are interested in parting with their pride and joy or if there are any meets happening and you don't mind me popping along, let me know. They are getting quite rare so I wouldn't mind seeing one in the flesh again.
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:39pm
hello and welcome to NPOC...getting the older P10s or P11s, if you can find a decent one would be more open to fun changes etc..P12 can be done, but not as straightforward
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
stew2 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stew2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 1:10pm
Hi,

I'm thinking about a Primera (P11 possibly) as my next 'fun' car. I do a fair bit of tinkering with cars these days so don't mind getting my hands dirty or a 'running project'. Saying that prices seem so low at the moment I may as well try to find a good one.

I'm guessing getting to know the Primera 'scene' would be a good start so thats why I've registered here. 

I probably won't be looking to buy just yet, but pick up some tips for when I'm ready. Though if the right car came along... 

I like older cars with a 'fun' aspect (e.g. handling and modern classic feel) so I guess the most recent Primera (P12?) would be a bit too new, but saying that I actually do like the styling so would maybe consider one.
 Post Reply Post Reply