Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 oil pan/sump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 oil pan/sump
    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 5:06pm
If it's a 2.2dci Nissan list 3 and each more expensive (if you can find one) than the next. I repaired one of someone on here that couldn't actually find a replacement to fit their car.

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 3:31pm
Take a picture on your phone Paul, then you can compare with the sumps you are looking at. Thumbs Up
Roy
bavs83 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bavs83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 3:25pm
I would guess the best way would be to jack the car up and have a look and take some measurements. Especially when you say there are different ones available for the same engine.
That's what I would do.
It's not what you drive....It's how you drive!
Bohica View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:21am
Hi Guys, the place that does my MOT gave me an unofficial "issue" on my last MOT.

They said my sump was badly corroded and although it was not a MOT failure, the corrosion
is so extensive that should a stone fly up from the road it will in all probability punch a hole
straight through the sump.

My question is this, I have been looking online for a new sump/oil pan and have found loads all different
prices but most worryingly all slightly different shapes even though they all come up as compatible
with my engine.

I don't want to buy one, drain the oil, remove the sump and then after destroying the gasket taking the old one off, yes I know I can't reuse the gasket but don't want to buy 2 gaskets just in case I find the new sump wont fit and I have to put the old sump back on the car. 

Any advice as to how I can find the one that is actually for my engine and get this repair done just leaving me with the headlights (foxed but passed the MOT) and front discs/pads to do on the car.

Many thanks,

Paul K 
I think therefor I am.
 Post Reply Post Reply